x
 楼主| 发表于 2014-3-26 15:47:13 | 显示全部楼层
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?注册

x
 楼主| 发表于 2014-3-26 15:50:31 | 显示全部楼层
(1)
Holmes: I know you're an Army doctor and you've been invalided home from Afghanistan.You've got a brother worried about you but you won't go to him for help because you don't approve of him, possibly because he's an alcoholic,more likely because he recently walked out on his wife.And I know that your therapist thinks your limp's psychosomatic, quite correctly, I'm afraid.That's enough to be going on with, don't you think? The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street.
我知道你是个军医,刚从阿富汗因伤退役回来。你哥哥担心你,你却不肯向他求助。因为你看不惯他,可能因为对方是酒鬼。更可能是因为他最近抛弃了自己的妻子。我也知道,你的咨询师认为,你的瘸腿是由于心理负担而导致,我倒觉得一点不错。这样应该差不多了吧,你觉得呢?我叫Sherlock Holmes,地址是贝克街221B。
这一段发生在第一集华生和卷福初次见面时,两人将要搭档,但华生表示对卷福一点都不了解,对合作有顾虑。于是卷福连发炮弹地来了那么一段“自我介绍”……
be invalided home: (士兵)因(病、残等)退役回家,invalid,无效的,残废的;go to sb. for help,相当于turn to sb. (for help),口语常用表达,表示向某人求助; approve of,意思很多,一般表认同、赞成,赞许、接受、满意,如:
The boss wouldn't approve of the plan.老板不会赞成这个计划。
Mother didn't approve of John.母亲不喜欢约翰。
therapist: 临床治疗师;limp: 跛行,瘸腿;psychosomatic: 身心的;
 楼主| 发表于 2014-3-26 15:50:53 | 显示全部楼层
(2)
Watson: Well, this is a prime spot. Must be expensive.
这儿是市中心,肯定很贵吧。
Holmes: Mrs Hudson, the landlady, she’s given me a special deal. Owes me a favour. A few years back, her husband got himself sentenced to death in Florida. I was able to help out.
房东Hudson太太给了我特价。她欠我个人情。几年前,她丈夫在弗罗里达被判死刑。我出了点力。
Watson: Sorry, you stopped her husband being executed?
所以,你让她丈夫免于死刑?
Holmes: Oh, no, I ensured it.
才不,我是给他板上钉钉。
两人在讨论在哪合租的问题。
prime: 作形容词表示“主要的,最好的”,作名词表示“初期、全盛时期、精华”,spot: 地点,prime spot表示主要地段,类似于房地产广告里面描述的“首席城央高端社区”……一类云云;a special deal,相当于a special offer,后者在美语比较常见;Owe sb. a favour,欠某人一个人情;sentenced: 已执行的;executed: 处决;help out,帮助…摆脱困难,如:
He helped me out with my task.他帮我完成了任务。
I will help out on my farther's farm this summer.今年夏天我要到父亲的农场去帮忙。
 楼主| 发表于 2014-3-26 15:51:09 | 显示全部楼层
(3)
Did he offer you money to spy on me?
他让你监视我有没有给你钱?
Yes.

Did you take it?
你收了没?
No.

Pity, we could have split the fee. Think it through next time.
真是的。我们本可以平分。下次脑子清醒点。
卷福问及派华生来跟踪他的神秘人的情况,又吐槽了一把。
spy on sb.,监视、窥视某人,如:
Such a system could be used by undemocratic governments to spy on the opposition or by security services around the world. 这样的系统可能被非民主政府用来侦查反对派,或者被全世界的安全系统所利用。
split,分离;劈开;分解。split the money/bill, 分钱、账单。有个短语叫split hairs,直译是“细分头发”,很形象,表示斤斤计较、吹毛求疵。
Think it through 深思熟虑、思前想后。
In the meantime, all I can do is beg corporations to think it through before the next challenge. 同时,我能做的就是期望大公司在组织下一次挑战之前仔细考虑。
 楼主| 发表于 2014-3-26 15:51:28 | 显示全部楼层
(4)
Holmes: I'm a consulting detective. Only one in the world, I invented the job.
我是"顾问侦探" 我发明的职业,世界独家。
Watson: What does that mean?
那是干什么的?
Holmes: Means when the police are out of their depth, which is always,they consult me.
警察束手无策时,这事常常发生,他们会咨询我。
Watson: The police don’t consult amateurs.
警察不会咨询外行的。
Holmes: When I met you for the first time yesterday,I said Afghanistan or Iraq. You looked surprised.
我昨天第一次见到你时,问你是去过阿富汗还是伊拉克,你好像很惊讶。
Watson: Yes, how did you know?
是的,你怎么知道?
Holmes: I didn’t know, I saw. Your haircut, the way you hold yourself says military.But your conversation”bit different from my day”said trained at Barts. So Army doctor, obvious.Your face is tanned, but no tan above the wrists. You've been abroad, but not sunbathing.Your limp's really bad when you walk, but you don't ask for a chair when you stand so it's at least partly psychosomatic.That you forgot about it.That says the original circumstances of the injury were traumatic, wounded in action then. Wounded in action, suntan – Afghanistan or Iraq.
我不是知道,是观察到的。你的发型,站立姿势说明你是军人出身。而你说的话:物是人非了,说明在巴茨医院受训过,所以显然是军医。脸上晒黑了,手腕以上却没晒黑,说明你从国外回来,但不是日光浴。你走路跛得厉害,却宁愿站着也不要求坐下,完全忘了伤残。所以多少有点身心失调。说明导致你创伤的最初原因。是在战场上受的伤,战场受伤加上晒黑,那就是阿富汗或伊拉克。
 楼主| 发表于 2014-3-26 15:51:46 | 显示全部楼层
consult,动词,咨询。consultant,名词,顾问;out of their depth,直译是脱离了他们的深度,意思是对某事束手无策、无能为力,卷福在后面还加了一句“which is always”(他们经常遇到这样的困境),用从句顺便再挖苦了警方一下,不放过任何一个吐槽的机会,英语的语法魅力在于此;amateurs: 业余爱好者
train,除了表示火车,作动词表示“训练”;obvious,明显的,同义词为“evident”;tan: 晒黑;wrist: 手腕;sunbathing: 日光浴;psychosomatic: 身心上有病;circumstance,名词,表“环境,情况;事件;境遇”在英语中很常见的词语,如:
【词组】
under the circumstance 在这种情况下
in no circumstances 决不
under no circumstance 在任何情况下都不
under certain circumstance adv. 在某种情况下
This means we place our trust in Him for every circumstance of life.
这就意味着无论生活环境如何,我们都对他怀以信任。
traumatic: 外伤的;wound,伤口、伤员;action,行动,这里意指军事行动。
 楼主| 发表于 2014-3-26 15:52:23 | 显示全部楼层
(5)
Holmes: Brilliant! Yes!
Four serial suicides, and now a note. Oh, it's Christmas. Mrs Hudson, I'll be late. Might need some food.
太棒了!万岁!四起连环自杀事件,现在还有了遗言。又是美好时节。Hudson太太,我会晚归,可能需要点吃的。
Hudson: I'm your landlady, dear, not your housekeeper.
亲爱的,我是你房东,不是管家。
Holmes: Something cold will do. John, have a cup of tea, make yourself at home.Don't wait up!
给我准备点冷餐就行。John,坐下喝杯茶,就当自个儿家得了。不用等我!
卷福听说发生了第四宗连环杀人案,而且这次还留有线索,跟打鸡血似的得意,还厚脸皮地让女房东给他准备夜宵。
brilliant: 杰出的,口语上表示“太好了,太棒了”;Christmas圣诞节,这里取的是圣诞节的象征意义,过节似的收获丰富、高兴,可看出卷福的兴奋之情; serial: 连续的,连环的;landlady: 女房东; housekeeper: 女管家;wait up for sb.相当于stay up for sb.因等候而不睡觉,熬夜等候,另外也可表示“(停下来)等…赶上”,如:
Did you wait up last night?
你昨晚熬夜了吗?
Let's wait up for the slower ones.
咱们等等慢一点儿的人吧。
 楼主| 发表于 2014-3-26 15:52:44 | 显示全部楼层
第二集《盲目的银行家》(The Blind Banker),SHERLOCK和WATSON调查一名银行职员和一名新闻记者的神秘“自杀”案件,在蛛丝马迹中发现所有可疑事件与从事走私古董活动的黑莲帮有关。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

站点统计|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|南京虚数灵境科技有限责任公司 ( 苏ICP备2023024155号 ) | 公安备案号:32010402000195

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 03:22 , Processed in 1.161092 second(s), 15 queries .